Our vocational support offers three stages to volunteering, paid work, education or training. You can join at the stage that suits your current needs and you can move between the stages at your own pace.
Accessing vocational support
We provide 1-1 support and workshops to suit your needs. To access 1-1 support please fill in the support form in the top left hand side of this page. If you would like to book on a workshop please see below our current courses which you can book onto from our website.
Exploring, preparing and sustaining…
This stage involves exploring, thinking about and seeing the possibilities. We can offer you:
- Information on opportunities
- Support around self-confidence and knowing what you want to
- Access to Mind in Mid Herts courses, groups, financial advice and workshops
- This stage will increase your confidence in accessing volunteering, training and education and you will have set yourself a range of achievable goals.
This stage is about planning and preparing for volunteering, paid employment, education or training. We can offer you:
- Action planning towards your goal
- A focus on CV writing, application forms, searching for opportunities and marketing yourself
- Access to other Mind in Mid Herts services and courses
- This stage will enable you to feel better prepared for volunteering, employment, education and training and will be making applications.
This stage is about staying in your volunteering, employment or studying role. We can offer you:
- Flexible support over the telephone, via e-mail or one-to-one meetings
- Help with accessing the support available in your workplace or place of study
- Exploring reasonable adjustments that enable you to continue in your role
- This stage will increase your confidence around staying in a voluntary role, employment, education or training. It will also enable you to experience the positive impact that these roles can have on your wellbeing.