This two-day course certifies you to be a mental health peer supporter; equipping you to recognise the signs of mental distress and know how to respond appropriately.
Who’s it for?
Anyone who would like a greater understanding of mental health and would like to better understand how to support someone with mental health difficulties.
By the end of this training delegates will have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- The ability to spot the signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Understanding the roles, responsibilities and boundaries of managing mental health in the workplace.
- An understanding of the knowledge, qualities and skills needed to support someone in distress.
- Know how to support their own wellbeing
- Knowledge of national and local signposting options.
Everyone who completes the course will get a certificate and a supplementary manual to support their learning.
To book or to find out more
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01438 369216