This course aims to raise awareness of and understanding of self-harm. This includes a definition of self-harm, types and reason for self-harm, this course also explains the cycle of self-harm. The course also covers ways in which people can help them to try and break the cycle of self-harm, how to support someone who self-harms and how to build positive wellbeing.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Define mental health and self-harm.
- Understand the cycle of self-harm.
- Recognise the different types of self-harm, reasons why people may self-harm and trigger situations.
- Identify ways for people to help them break the cycle of self-harm.
- Understand how to build positive well-being.
- Understand ways of supporting someone else and identify support that is available nationally and locally and how to access support when needed.