This short course is aimed at sport and physical activity providers, coaches, sports administrators, front of house staff and volunteers who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health and how this might be applied confidently in a sport or physical activity setting.
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand common perceptions and misconceptions about mental health including the positive impact of sport and physical activity on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that people living with mental health problems can experience when taking up a sport or physical activity.
- Be aware of how stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health impacts on people living with mental health problems.
- Identify practical actions that you can take to create a positive sporting environment that is more inclusive and accessible to people with mental health problems.
- Feel more confident to talk about mental health and know where to signpost people to if they need support.
- Develop an action plan to embed practices into your organisation
To book or to find out more please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01438 369216